Baked Fried Chicken
Southern tasty style without all the hassle. This tasty non-fried chicken is easy to make because you don't need to sit over a stove frying it. Just pop it in the oven and you're all set. Put some mashed potatoes or fries and some veggies with it and bang, zoom, you've got a meal!
- 6-8 chicken leg quarters
- 1/6 cup peanut oil (or vegetable oil)
- 1/6 cup butter
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp black pepper (ground)
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic
- 2 large eggs
- Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large baking pan, melt the butter with the oil while preparing the chicken and coating (just sit it on top of the burner that has the exhaust pipe, you can feel the heat coming out if you put your hand over it).
- Mix the dry ingredients in a medium mixing bowl.
- In a small bowl, mix the oil, butter, and 2 eggs together (scramble them suckers!)
- Rinse the chicken and pat dry with paper towels.
- Dip the chicken into the egg mixture, then roll it in the dry mix.
- Put the chicken, skin side down, in the baking pan, and bake at 375 degrees for about 45 minutes.
- Turn the chicken over, putting chicken on crumpled aluminum foil, and bake for 5-10 minutes more, until the other side is nice and golden.
- Allow to stand for about 5 minutes, then enjoy!