Content Management Systems
Many clients will want to consider using a content management system, or CMS, for their websites. A content management system is a web-based website management software application that takes the content out of static web pages and puts it in a database.
Reasons for considering a CMS include:
- You'd like to update your site frequently, and/or maintain it in-house. Less technical knowledge is required to maintain most CMS sites. Less time spent on maintenance can mean less money spent on hourly maintenance rates or more time for your in-house webmaster to complete other tasks.
- Web-based tool requires no desktop software and can be managed from anywhere you have Internet access.
- Easier to redesign a site.
- Easier to migrate and back up a site.
- Many CMS are open source and free, with corporate and community support available.
- Many extensions are available to provide extra features (e.g.: calendars, message boards, image galleries, shopping carts).
Division Point has extensive experience with the design and development of websites for the Joomla!™ CMS and converting existing websites to Joomla! For an idea of the variety available with Joomla! websites, please see our portfolio. Many of the featured sites were built using Joomla!
Other Web CMS Services We Offer
We're also experienced with WordPress, another popular CMS. In particular, we recommend WordPress as a blog platform, regardless of a client's choice for development of other portions of a website.
We can also help maintain existing CMS websites either at our affordable hourly rates or with a maintenance contract.
Give us a call at 703-467-5600 or fill out our inquiry form to discuss a CMS-based website project you have in mind. Although we're based in the Washington, D.C., area, we are happy to consider working with long-distance clients.